We want to address any questions you may have about USA Mobility's online information practices. If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy use one of the following contact methods:
Mail: USA Mobility
ATTN: IT CSO
3000 Technology Drive
Plano, TX 75074
Frequently Asked Questions
- What information do you gather about me?
- Sharing your personal information.
- What choices do I have?
- Links to other sites.
- How do I update account information?
- Children Online
- What about security on USA Mobility's Web site? Is my information safe?
- USA Mobility's Contact Us Page
There are 2 types of information that we can learn about you as you browse our site. Each type of information can be used in a different way, and only you decide how much information to share with us.
What information do you gather about me?
We collect only the information needed to deliver the best possible service and to bring you information about products that we think may be of interest to you. For example, our site contains an online store where you can purchase USA Mobility products and services. If you decide to place an order via our online store, we ask you to provide us with information necessary to process your order such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address and credit card number.
- Activation, Customer Care, Registration, surveys and promotions - information that you provide when you fill out a form on our site.
- Internet-related, generic statistical and demographic information - information generated as a result of your use of our site that you provide when you fill out a form on our site.
We will see your e-mail address only if you give it to us by filling out a form or by sending us an e-mail message. If you provide information about yourself by registering on a page, by filling out a survey, or by otherwise voluntarily telling us about yourself or your activities, we will collect that information for our own use.
- We collect your e-mail address so that we can send you information regarding your online inquiries. We may also let you know via e-mail about other products and services.
- We also collect messages sent through our Contact Us page so that we can respond to your questions or concerns.
- The USA Mobility site offers a form for users seeking employment opportunities. The information collected via this form is used to contact users regarding possible employment.
- Finally, we collect information about visitors to our Web sites including IP address, ISPs and browsers to provide us with statistical and demographic information about our audience. We may also use any collected information for our own marketing purposes.
This information includes times of access, browser types, the Internet addresses of referring pages, and the pages most often visited. When you visit our sites, we also recognize your "domain name" (e.g.,"earthlink.net" or "aol.com"), but not your e-mail address.
This information is not linked to any personally identifiable information. We use the information you and other visitors give us to analyze site traffic, distribute the load across our servers, improve our products & services, and improve the operation and content of this site.
You can always choose to disable cookies in the browser settings. However, this will prevent the identification of the user though each stage of the buying process.
Sharing your personal information.
We do not sell or disclose individually identifiable information collected online outside USA Mobility and our authorized partners unless you permit it, it is required by law or a corporate transaction, or disclosure is necessary to protect the safety of customers or employees. USA Mobility offers a number of convenient services in partnership with other companies. When you sign up for a service with one of our partners, we will share your information as considered necessary.
What choices do I have?
We use your e-mail address to communicate with you about your inquiries or concerns. In addition, we may occasionally send you information about special offers and new services. If you would rather not receive these messages or, if you would like to sign up to receive these messages, please notify us via our e-mail form in the Contact Us section of this site.
Links to other sites.
USA Mobility has established relationships with other companies in order to offer you specialized services. Access to these other companies is available by means of links to their Web sites from our site. Since we do not own or control these other companies or their sites, USA Mobility and www.usamobility.com are not responsible for their privacy practices or the content of their sites.
USA Mobility does not knowingly collect or retain personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. Additionally, to receive wireless service from USA Mobility, a Customer Activation Agreement must be signed by a person that is at least 18 years of age.
- When making a purchase, your credit card information is secure while being transferred. USA Mobility uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to safeguard your credit card information in transit. SSL encrypts your data so that none of your personal information can be read in transit. USA Mobility's security certificate is provided by Verisign.
- We use 56 bit DES (Data Encryption Standard) Key Encryption to store your credit card information in our database.
In order to ensure that your credit card information is encrypted in transit:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer — Verify that the lock in the lower right hand corner of your browser is in the closed position.
- Netscape Navigator — Verify that the key in the lower left hand corner of your browser is unbroken.
Thawte Secure Sign -
Because we use a payment platform hosted by VeriSign (on a secure VeriSign server), your Credit Card information is secure. USA Mobility's security certificate is provided by Thawte.
USA Mobility's Contact Us Page
You can use our Contact Us page to ask a question, request product information, update your account information or provide comments on our service. We capture every message that comes to us and try our best to respond within at least 48 hours of receipt.